[Facnet-l] Free Tours of Turlock Community Gardens for CSUS students, faculty, staff-please encourage students to come!

Julia Sankey jsankey at csustan.edu
Tue Oct 12 12:31:19 PDT 2021

Hi all:

We are giving free, one hour tours of the Turlock Community Gardens (TCG) this academic year for all CSUS students, faculty, and staff starting this month.

Please encourage your students to attend a tour possibly by offering extra credit.

Registration is required here:
https://www.turlockcommunitygardens.org/csustours

We hope to increase awareness amongst the CSUS community about community gardens, organic gardening, composting, drip irrigation, and sustainable urban agriculture.

The community garden is at 4105 Crowell Ave (behind the church), 2 blocks north of campus. TCG is a local nonprofit set up to establish community gardens in Turlock. https://www.turlockcommunitygardens.org/

Thanks for your help and please pass this message on to others!
Julia

(Thanks to a campus grant from the Office of Service Learning that is supporting this TCG student ambassador/tour guide.)

Turlock Community Gardens:
https://www.turlockcommunitygardens.org/

https://www.facebook.com/TurlockCommunityGardens

Julia T. Sankey, Ph.D.
Professor, Paleobiology/Geology
Sustainability Faculty Fellow, Council for Sustainable Futures
California State University, Stanislaus, Turlock, CA
209-667-3090; JSankey at csustan.edu<mailto:JSankey at csustan.edu>
https://www.csustan.edu/geology/sankey