[Facnet-l] Free Dino Lecture this Mon Feb 17th 4:30 pm, P 166

Julia Sankey jsankey at csustan.edu
Fri Feb 14 07:24:00 PST 2020

Hi all:

We have a visiting professor on campus Monday Feb. 17th, Dr. Frank Varriale, a former student of mine. He did his Ph.D. at Johns Hopkins University and is now a Biology professor at Kings College in Pennsylvania. His research specialties are bio-mechanics and dinosaurs.

He will be giving a lecture to my Monday evening Dinosaur class at 4:30 in P 166 (see map below):

"Dinosaur Dental Microwear and the Joy of Discovery: How Horned-Dinosaurs Chewed Their Food".

There is lots of room in that lecture hall, so please come and feel free to offer the lecture to your students for extra credit. Feel free to pass this on. And, if you want to meet/talk to Frank during his visit to campus, just let me know.

Thanks and all the best!
Julia

Campus map: https://www.csustan.edu/campus-maps
in the DBH area (Right next to the 2 in the 21.)
Julia T. Sankey, Ph.D.
Professor, Paleobiology/Geology
Faculty Fellow, Council for Sustainable Futures
California State University, Stanislaus, Turlock, CA
209-667-3090; JSankey at csustan.edu<mailto:JSankey at csustan.edu>
https://www.csustan.edu/geology/sankey
[cid:bb11ce36-d2bb-4ba6-8a5a-016562bac7b4]