[Facnet-l] Presentations during Earth Week's Climate Action Talks

Julia Sankey jsankey at csustan.edu
Wed Feb 5 11:03:28 PST 2020

Hi all:

Welcome to spring semester! CSU Stanislaus is celebrating Earth Day with an entire week of activities, April 20-24. This includes our feature speaker, Mark Arax, author of the book, The Dreamt Land: Chasing Water Across California on Wednesday April 22, 6-8 PM, along with many other activities.

We are also excited to be organizing a campus-wide afternoon of Climate Action Talks (and other Activities) for Monday April 20, 12-5 (MSR 130).

We are inviting all members of the campus community--students, faculty, and staff--to participate in this multi-disciplinary lecture series focused on the climate crisis. We would like these presentations to focus on California and the Central Valley, and to include a challenge and solution. All topics and all disciplines are welcome, from Art to Zoology. These will be 5 minute 'lightning talks", highly focused PowerPoint presentations. Please consider giving a talk or having your students give a talk. This could be focused on research, teaching, or other.

See website below for ideas.

https://app.cerkl.com/org/story.php?id=8124898

If you have any questions or would like to discuss a possible presentation topic, please email me: JSankey at csustan.edu<mailto:JSankey at csustan.edu>.

Please send your PowerPoint slides (5 slides max), saved as a pdf file to Julia Sankey at Jsankey at csustan.edu<mailto:Jsankey at csustan.edu> by midnight Wednesday April 1. Presenters will be contacted by Friday April 10 with a program, listing the order of the presentations.

Please pass this on to other interested people. (Note, if you are non-CSUS, consider this your invitation to participate and present:))

Thanks for participating and looking forward to this event!

Julia

Julia T. Sankey, Ph.D.
Professor, Paleobiology/Geology
California State University, Stanislaus
One University Circle; Turlock, CA 95382
209-667-3090; JSankey at csustan.edu<mailto:JSankey at csustan.edu>
https://www.csustan.edu/geology/sankey
New Book-The Giant Spike-toothed Salmon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0978940490/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=